John D. Franklin, a founding partner, has been practicing in the field of employment law for over twenty years and is an Ohio State Bar Certified Specialist in Labor and Employment Law. He received his Juris Doctorate in 1991 from the University of Toledo. He is currently a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA), the Toledo Employment Lawyers Association (TELA), the Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) and, the Toledo Bar Association (TBA). He currently serves as a Board Member for OELA, as Chairman of TELA and is a past Chairman of the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the TBA. In addition to his practice, he has also written articles, given presentations, and lectured in the area of employment law.
John graduated from the University of Toledo College of Law in 1991, Juris Doctorate. He received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Akron in 1988 where he studied political science and criminal justice.
John’s areas of practice include Employment Law with 95% of his practice devoted to Litigation.
- Certified Specialist in Labor and Employment Law, Ohio State Bar
- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- Toledo Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Toledo Employment Lawyers Association, Chairman
- Toledo Bar Association, Past Chairman
- Labor and Employment Law Committee
- Lackey, Nusbaum, Harris, Reny & Torzewski, LPA, Attorney, 1992 – 2001
- Logothetis & Pence, Attorney, 1991 – 1992